(May 7 – 8, 2019)
Date: May 7 – 8, 2019
Location: Kearney, NE
What is Blue Courage?
Blue Courage is a transformational process that focuses on the human development of law enforcement professionals.
Few professions are more physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding than law enforcement. Blue Courage addresses personal challenges many officers face, such as cynicism, identity, judgement, integrity, leadership and stress management.
Topics to be covered:
- Foundation of Courage
- Police Culture
- Nobility of Policing
- Resilience / Hope
- Positive Psychology
- Practical Wisdom
- Health & Wellness
- the Immortal Cop
What Blue Courage has to offer:
Today’s law enforcement professionals are highly trained and highly skilled operationally. While skill training is essential, it is incomplete. The behaviors tat tarnish police agencies and place officers at risk are rarely due to a lack of skills.
Through Blue Courage, participants will:
- Go beyond learning tactical and critical incident survival and ensure officers’ readiness to both prevent and recover in the aftermath.
- Reignite a sense of passion, purpose and commitment to the nobility of policing.
- Awaken their moral compass and the courage to do what is right.
- Improve decision-making skills under pressure.
- Understand how to build relationships and trust with the community.
- Develop and organizational culture of learning, critical thinking, tolerance, and curiosity.
Blue Courage is a nationally certified training, recognized by the International Association of Directors of Law Enforcement Standards and Training. This course may be eligible for your state’s P.O.S.T. credit.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes